Head of Operational Delivery
Duration – Permanent
£73,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Based in Nottingham City Centre
At the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA), we provide exceptional service to the public, businesses, and workers, in the fight to stop worker exploitation. We are seeking inspiring leaders who can set clear direction, role model exemplary leadership behaviours, and deliver our vital services to our wide range of beneficiaries with a focus on efficiency and excellence. Building a culture of belonging, we are committed to providing an experience that is inclusive, equitable and kind. We prioritise diversity and believe in a culture rooted in collaboration, growth and team cohesion.
The GLAA is one of the principal investigative law enforcement bodies for labour exploitation in the UK. The GLAA ensures that workers in the UK are treated fairly, properly and are protected from abuse and exploitation. We have three core functions:
• Regulation - We regulate businesses that provide workers to the horticulture, agriculture, shellfish gathering and food processing and packaging industries. Our regulatory work includes operating a licencing scheme, undertaking inspections to ensure compliance with that scheme, and taking enforcement action where there are breaches.
• Prevention – We work with a broad range of stakeholders locally, nationally, and internationally to help prevent workers from being exploited.
• Enforcement - We investigate allegations of worker abuse under the Modern Slavery Act 2015. GLAA Officers conduct civil and criminal investigations and take enforcement action, including prosecutions and court orders to disrupt criminal activity. We also support victims who have been abused, in particular by ensuring they can access specialist help from our partners.
What we do really matters. Are you interested in joining us?
We are currently recruiting for the newly created position of Head of Operational Delivery to join our Executive Leadership team. This pivotal role will lead the newly established Operational Delivery Directorate, overseeing three Departments: National Investigations, Contact Operations, and Intelligence, which play an essential role in engaging with the public, workers, and businesses to grant licenses, ensuring compliance, and managing civil and criminal investigations. This role will be critical in supporting the GLAA in achieving their three strategic priorities:
• Strategic Goal 1: Be a robust and effective regulator
• Strategic Goal 2: Be known as experts in addressing worker abuse and exploitation
• Strategic Goal 3: Be an essential enforcement partner
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team you will also have significant responsibilities in the following areas:
• People and Leadership
• Strategic Planning and Risk Management
• Performance and Governance
• Information Management
We are currently underrepresented by female, transgender, non binary, ethnic minority and disabled colleagues, and are keen to change this, so welcome applications from all parts of the communities we serve.
We offer a generous total package to our employees which includes the following:
• 32.5 days annual leave in addition to 8 public holidays
• Flexible public holiday scheme
• Choice of pension schemes, including access to the extremely generous Civil Service Pension, which also provides a death in service lump sum payment and a survivor’s pension payment
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Access to employee discounts
• Access to a wellbeing portal
• Employee assistance programme
• Access to mental health first aiders within the organisation
• Flexibility for working hours through the Flexitime scheme
• Hybrid working available
• Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits
• Commitment to employee development
All offers are subject to satisfactory references and security clearance.
The successful candidate will require proof of right to work in the UK.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or undertake an assessment as part of the recruitment process.
CVs are not accepted. Alternative formats of the application form are available if required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure applications are returned in Microsoft Word format. No agencies at this stage please.
Closing date: 11 June 2023 at 17:00pm