Academic Research Requests
The GLAA continues to operate during the coronavirus outbreak. We are however following Government advice to ensure we keep our colleagues as safe as we can. Therefore, we may not be able to accommodate your request at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
The GLAA is keen to support Academic Research and recognises its value in identifying areas for improved identification and tackling of labour exploitation, the identification and care of victims and the changing landscape of exploitative practice.
Any research which the GLAA contributes to will be required to relate to, or has a clear and demonstrable link to, the support of victims and/or the prevention, deterrence and disruption of labour exploitation. The research should have a direct benefit to the GLAA and be available to the GLAA on completion.
The GLAA receives a number of requests for input to academic research at all levels. This does have an impact upon our resources and we therefore need to ensure that we are consistent in our decisions in relation to whether we can assist and whether the research can add value to the GLAA.
Please note that the GLAA is unable to fund any such requests. Should the GLAA have opportunities to fund any research projects that will be dealt with separately.
Please contact the GLAA by completing the form below and we will consider your request.
- The name of the student/researcher
- The title of the research project/paper
- What areas it covers and what it seeks to achieve
- The University involved and the name of the supervisor
- Assurance that ethical standards are being applied and the name of the person who has signed off this aspect
- The expected date of completion
- Agreement to forward the completed research to the GLAA through the portal email address to enable the GLAA to ensure that any comments attributed to it, or any of its personnel, are accurately recorded and appropriate
In addition to this any other queries in relation to such requests can be directed through (insert email address here).