Inspections carried out 2019/20
Freedom of Information Act Request
Ref: FOI 20-21 12
Date issued: 17 September 2020
Subject: Inspections carried out 2019/20
1. What inspections activities do the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority perform?
2. How many inspections (of each type if possible) were performed in 2019/20?
3. How many inspectors do you employ, and what was the annual cost of these inspectors in 2019/20?
4. Do you use third parties to perform these inspections? If so, who did you use, and what was the annual spend in 2019/20?
5. What information management system, if any, do you use to manage the inspections, and what was the annual spend on this in 2019/20
For avoidance of doubt, by ‘inspections’ I mean ‘activities that are carried out to ensure the inspected entity meets legislative requirements for their role or function or condition, delivers on their duty of care for individuals or the public and/or adheres to any rules set by government on use of government funds’.
1. The Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) conducts several type of inspections to ensure they meet and comply with the GLAA licensing scheme. This scheme regulates businesses who provide workers to the fresh produce supply chain and horticulture industry. Inspections include Application Inspections, Compliance New Business inspections, Compliance Inspections and Change of Principal Authority Inspections.
2. Please see table below
GLAA inspections (1 April 2019 -31 March 2020)
|Type of inspection||No of inspections|
|Compliance New Business inspections||6|
|Change of Principal Authority Inspections||30|
A pdf version of this page can be found by clicking the link below: