Labour provider inspections
Freedom of Information Act Request
Ref: FOI 20-21 31
Date issued: 12 May 2021
Subject: Labour provider inspections
For all labour providers regulated by the GLAA, I would like to request the following data:
1. The name of the company
2. The sector or sub-sector it provides labour to. I'm particularly interested to know which companies supply livestock farms, slaughterhouses and meat packing plants.
3. The date of its last inspection
4. The reason for inspection
5. The length of inspection
6. The location of the inspection
7. The number of employees inspected
8. The outcome of that inspection
1. This information is publicly available on the GLAA Public Register (gla.gov.uk).
2. We do not hold this level of detail as businesses can change what they do etc.
3. Information relating to dates of inspections is publicly available on our website. Please see Compliance inspections - Licensing standards - GLAA.
4. In relation to questions 4-7, the information you seek includes both open and closed inspections. Details on open inspections are exempt from disclosure under s31 FOIA. Whilst information on closed inspections may be releasable, as you have asked for information on all inspections it would require significant work to extract all information. The information sought is not stored in the format of the information requested and would need to be created. Our assessment is that the length of time to undertake this activity would exceed the cost thresholds set out under s12 of the FOIA, and therefore we are unable to provide an answer to those questions.
8. For information relating to outcomes of inspections, please see List of Revocations (gla.gov.uk).
Under our duty to assist under s16 of the FOIA we may reconsider your request if you are able to narrow the focus of the request, and if it then is not assessed as exceeding the cost threshold. Furthermore, there may be exemptions that may still apply to any further request.
A pdf version of this page can be found by clicking the link below: