Our Aims and Objectives
Working in partnership to protect vulnerable and exploited workers
Our values define who we are and how we go about delivering on the promise we have made to protect vulnerable workers from exploitation. All GLAA colleagues are expected to adhere to these values which place integrity, professionalism, teamwork, commitment and respect, at the heart of everything we do.
Our aims will be achieved by:
- Preventing worker exploitation
- Protecting vulnerable people
- Tackling unlicensed/criminal activity and ensuring those licensed operate within the law
The 6 strategic objectives which will ensure we meet our aim and priorities are:
- Identify and support victims of labour exploitation
- Maintain a credible licensing scheme, creating a level playing field, and promoting compliant business growth
- Work in partnership with all stakeholders to protect workers’ rights and prevent labour exploitation
- Disrupt and deter criminal activity within the labour market
- Develop our people and culture in line with the authority’s values, ensuring a diverse, resilient, and change-ready organisation
- Provide efficient and effective services, sound governance, robust risk management and value for money
Our latest business plan can be found on the corporate publications page.