This joint agreement with some of the biggest names in UK construction is aimed at eradicating slavery and labour exploitation in the building industry.
The document commits signatories to:
- Work in partnership to protect vulnerable workers
- Agree to share information, where possible, to help stop or prevent the exploitation of workers
- Work together to manage information sensitively and confidentially
- Commit to raising awareness within the supply chain
- Maintain momentum through this protocol by communicating regularly
All parties have agreed to raise awareness within supply chains to help to prevent and protect workers from exploitation or abuse and take necessary steps to ensure that exploitation and abuse of workers is recognised and addressed with appropriate safeguards put in place to ensure that exploitative practice is not repeated.
If you'd like more information about the protocol please contact Samantha Ireland: Samantha.Ireland@gla.gov.uk
Find out more...
The Construction Protocol: How the GLAA and the construction industry work together.
Brief guide to the protocol: What you get, who it is for and how to get involved.
The Construction Protocol and effective engagement (video): The GLAA's Deputy Director of Business Change, Mark Heath, discusses the Construction Protocol at the Modern Slavery and Ethical Labour in Construction Leadership Symposium.